Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- A Hispanic heritage as defined by the U.S. Department of Education;
- A graduating senior, past-year GED recipient, community college student, transferring community college student, student attending a four-year institution, or a student accepted into a post-graduate program or teacher credential program;
- A resident of Alameda County. Applicant must show proof of Alameda County residence (e.g., Alameda County address on application, Alameda County address on IRS 1040 tax forms);
- Plan to attend an accredited community college, university or approved technical or vocational school;
- Community college and university scholarship recipients must be taking in at least six units/credits.
- Completed Application (Typed)
- Personal Statement (Typed)
- Copy of all applicable 2016 1040 tax forms as requested or W2(s) or CA Dream Act Application Financial Eligibility form if you did not file a tax return.
if you did not file a tax return
- Official transcript(s) in a sealed envelope
- Signed Photo/Video Consent Form
- Photocopy of your school identification card
- Two (2) business-sized (9.5 inches by 4.125 inches) self-addressed (with your address) and stamped envelopes.
The applicant will be evaluated on the following criteria, in order of importance:
- Financial Need
- Scholastic Record (i.e., GPA)
- Personal Statement
DEADLINE: Friday, February 2, 2018
Get your application now.
Applications are available in December of each year.