Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Of Hispanic heritage as defined by the U.S. Department of Education;
- A graduating senior, past-year GED recipient, community college student, transferring community college student, student attending a four-year institution, or a student accepted into a post-graduate program or teacher credential program;
- A resident of Alameda County. Applicant must show proof of Alameda County residence (e.g., Alameda County address on application, Alameda County address on IRS 1040 tax forms);
- Plan to attend an accredited community college, university or approved technical or vocational school;
- Community college and university scholarship recipients must be taking in at least six units/credits.
- Completed Online Application
- Copy of all applicable 2017 1040 tax forms as requested or W2(s) or CA Dream Act Application Financial Eligibility form if you did not file a tax return. (All must be submitted online)
- Unofficial transcript(s) with name of applicant, name of institution, and cumulative GPA. (Must be submitted online)
- Photocopy of your school identification card. (Must be submitted online)
The applicant will be evaluated on the following criteria, in order of importance:
- Financial Need
- Scholastic Record (i.e., GPA)
- Personal Statement
DEADLINE: Saturday, February 2, 2019
Applications are available in December of each year.